JOB APPLICATION WORKSHOPS
Your’e looking for a job – you’re completing applications and sending your CV for jobs you believe you are qualified for. If you are like most job seekers, you are wondering, “Why am I not getting interviews or responses?” This Spray and Pray strategy won’t work! In this workshop, we will share insights to overcome the proverbial “black hole” that is preventing you from getting the traction you were expecting. We are dedicated to helping job seekers reach their career aspirations. Our job application bootcamps equip you with the knowledge, frameworks, tools, and insights you need to effectively navigate the complex and dynamic job market.
INTRVU is dedicated to helping job seekers reach their career aspirations. Since 2015, we have been delivering several on-site workshops at universities and business schools across Europe. The workshops will equip job seekers with the knowledge needed to effectively apply for and obtain the positions they desire. Our workshops are designed to provide participants with an overview of all relevant information around online job search. Participants will complete a variety of guided activities to help them best prepare for the online job application process and will receive extensive feedback. The content delivered during the workshop will not only benefit job seekers in their immediate job search activities, but also will equip them with vital, lifelong knowledge on how to navigate the online hiring process.
In Germany, where we operate from, about 3 million people are looking for jobs on any given day. Despite their qualifications, many applicants face rejections for jobs they are well-suited for. This is due to a lack of understanding of today’s recruitment process, which largely happens over the Internet. In this workshop, you will learn about job market, challenges with Internet-based job applications, creating compelling application documents, tracking job applications, tips to avoid rejections, and strategies that lead to interviews. This workshop is suitable for all job market candidates (full or part-time jobs, internships, career / domain changers, and those returning to work after a long break).
We regularly conduct online job application workshops at various institutions globally. These duration of these workshops range anywhere between 4 and 8 hours per day, including breaks and Q&A sessions. On an overage, 30 participants attend these workshops. We have offered half-, full- multiple day workshops. We are flexible and can customize the topics, content, format, duration, etc. to suit your unique requirements.
By the end of this interactive workshop, you will learn how to:
- Set and achieve your employment goals
- Search for a job effectively online
- Apply key strategies and tips to increase your chances of getting hired
This workshop is for candidates looking to:
- Land Internships or Jobs
- De-construct job descriptions
- Highlight unique qualifications
- Develop application strategies
- Track and improve conversion
- Increase chances of getting hired
- Understand rejections
- Close interviews and land offers
- Job market overview & sizing
- Online job search challenges
- Background research & Job Application strategies
- Profile building methodologies
- Building your storyline, audience analysis & messaging
- CV and Cover Letter frameworks
- Social Network Profiles
- Interview frameworks
- Application tracking and useful tools
- Hiring decision levers
- Application tracking & other useful tools
Each year, thousands of graduates attempt to launch their careers, all competing for jobs in their respective fields. And while a candidate’s education ranks high on many employers’ lists, cultural competence is an increasingly important quality for employees to possess. As the workforce continues to become more diverse, people who are accepting of and able to work well with all people — regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and any other number of factors — will appeal more to the majority of employers. Companies are now looking, more than ever, to hire candidates with strong cultural competence, which means that students coming from institutions where diversity and inclusion are valued may have the upper hand. For candidates seeking job opportunities, it is important that they understand:
- What are key cultural values that play a role in the workplace, and how might they shape expectations employers have of job applicants?
- What impact do these values and characteristics have on motivations, expectations, and work habits?
- How will these be reflected in the application process?
- What makes up an individual cultural portrait?
- How might your personal cultural values play a role in the job application process?
- What are potential cultural ‘clashes’ that you should prepare for?
THE APPLICATION PACKAGE
These days, most employers have too many applicants per job to interview each personally. People who make hiring decisions often must read many applications in order to fill a position. Applications that are not filled out correctly are often rejected. These employers sort through job application packages (resumes and cover letters) to decide which applicants to consider further. So your first communication with your future employer is likely to be in writing and must persuade him or her to continue the conversation. Although some recruiters prefer CVs, the majority ask applicants to submit a complete application package, which are almost all now done online. So, it is obligatory for job seekers to understand:
- What constitutes a complete application package?
- What information should you include in your application package?
- How far back in your employment history should you go?
- What formal standards, processes, and rules should you be aware when applying for a job?
- What should be included in your application (and what shouldn’t)?
- Which documents are relevant for potential employers and how should you present them?
- Should you include a professional photograph?
- Should you submit any work samples?
- How should you include references (if any)?
Interviewing well is essential to crossing the threshold from candidate to employee. Our workshop also includes interview coaching in which we sit down with job seekers in one-on-one mock interviews. The mock interviews play out like a typical job interviews, and afterward we give you professional feedback on how to best showcase your skills and personality. Interviews and feedback will be recorded, so you will not miss any valuable assistance. Our mock interviews take the stress out of the interview process and give you the confidence and know how you need to ace every future interview.
During our workshops, we use the PREPARE method to improve comfort and confidence with job interviews. The PREPARE method focuses on seven steps:
- Power Posing
- Answer/Ask Questions
- Recap, and
This proven seven-step method addresses the different types of interviews job candidates might encounter. This methodology increases your confidence articulating your skills and value to an employer, teaches you how to research an employer and plan the logistics for your interview, and helps you establish what questions to ask an employer, why to ask them and how to evaluate the answers to determine position and company compatibility. Furthermore, we also teach proven frameworks to structure your thoughts and deliver compelling responses during an interview. In short, the interview skills training will help you understand:
- What can you expect from a potential employer?
- What will potential employers expect from me?
- What tips and tricks can I use to best prepare for my interview?
Get In Touch
Request a job application workshop in your city / institution, so that we can discuss the logistics with you.